Credit card debt is one of the most common forms of debt, and it is also the most costly.
Your repayments could end up costing you a small fortune, but there are several ways to reduce your costs and therefore your repayments, meaning you get to keep more money for yourself.
Look for a credit card that offers you 0% balance transfers. Many card issuers will offer you a 0% on balance transferred debts, which means you have a longer period of time to pay off your debt with minimal, or even no, interest.
Look for cards which offer you 0% on new purchases, as these are great for debts you think will take you longer than a month to pay off.
If you are shopping for groceries and household consumables with a credit card, there may seem to be little point in striving to find a great bargain when you will have to pay interest on your purchases anyway, but with the new Tesco Clubcard Credit Card, that is no longer a worry.
Tesco has extended the interest-free period for new purchases on their Tesco Clubcard Credit Card from six months to a year, which means shoppers can now spread the cost of their shopping over 12 months, at 0% interest.
This excellent offer applies to new customers who apply and take out the Clubcard Credit Card online, and starts on the account opening date. In addition, the Tesco Clubcard Credit Card offers a typical annual percentage rate (APR) of 16.9% (variable), and 0% on balance transfers for six months (2% fee).
There are many ways in which to avoid high repayments of your credit card debt, but with a Tesco Clubcard Credit Card high interest rates are no longer an issue.
Customers can visit http://www.tescofinance.com to apply for the Clubcard Credit Card, pick up a leaflet in stores, or call 0800 40 60 50.
- ENDS -
For further information, please contact:
Matthew Dransfield, Tesco Personal Finance, Tel: 0131 479 1346
Victoria Lomax, Tesco Personal Finance, Tel: 0131 479 1345
Lisa Loveday, Haggie Hepburn, Tel: 020 7334 7777
Tesco Personal Finance
- Tesco Personal Finance is the UK's largest supermarket bank. Since our launch in 1997, we have grown to have nearly six million customer accounts across 28 financial products and services.
- Our principal activities are: general insurance - motor, home, pet and travel; credit cards and personal loans; personal savings; Tesco Compare and a network of cash machines (ATMs).
- Tesco Personal Finance is the 8th largest credit card provider in the UK.
- We sell our products through multiple channels including in-store, by telephone and online.
- Tesco Personal Finance is fully-owned by Tesco plc.
- Tesco Personal Finance plc, Registered in Scotland No. 173199.
Registered Address: Interpoint Building, 22 Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh EH12 5BH