Pune 30th April, 2010: The students of Symbiosis Institute of Design showcased their creative genius and hard work through a design show at Ishanya Amphitheatre.
The ramp was set on fire by super models like Natasha Suri, Neha Raghuraman and many more who were dressed in the attire and accessories designed by the students of SID.
The jury members included famous designers from Mumbai and Pune like Mr Somesh Singh, Joint Director of Institute of Apparel Management, New Delhi, Mr Nachiket Barve, Famous designer from Mumbai, Meher Castelino, Fashion Journalist, Partha Mitra, Head Designer Madura Garments, Bangalore and Ms Amrita Thapar, Miss India Universe, Pune.
After a dazzling performance by the models, the students were awarded for their efforts in the following categories:
· Best Academic Performance-
· Most Diligent Student-
· Most Consistent Performance-
· Most Illustrator-
· Best Surface Ornamentation Technique-
· Best Accessorized Collection-
· Most Commercially Viable Collection-
SID Design Show 2010:
Speaking on the occasion, Prof. Vinay M. Mundada, Director SID said, “The SID Design Show 2010 gave a platform for all the budding designers of SID. This is the beginning of a new chapter in the history of Symbiosis Institute of Design. The Design Exhibition featured the best works of the students belonging to all the disciplines at SID viz. Product Design, Communication Design, Fashion Design and Fashion Communication.”
Prof. Vaibhavi Ranavade, HOD Fashion said, “The Fashion Show was culmination of the efforts of the graduating students of B. Des. Fashion Design. After a study of the forecast for the upcoming fashion seasons and identifying a niche area for design the design concepts were selected. The nature of collection and designs were decided by the students in consensus with the institute faculty mentors and guidelines. Ten fashion collections were designed and developed by the final year Fashion Design students and elegantly displayed on ramp by professional models. The show hosted a prestigious guest list of 600+ connoisseurs of design and fashion business fraternity pan India”
The students have worked under the guidance of their in-house mentors in groups on ten unique concepts for the SID Design show:
· Solar Eclipse – A collection that is inspired by the Solar Eclipse which uses Swarovski crystals and fluid fabrics. Elegant, sensual and classy are a few words that describe this enticing collection.
· Make Believe Veracity - A combination of installation art and decorative art with the garments create this intriguing collection that draws inspiration from the two hemispheres of the human brain.
· Call It Living in 3D – Inspired by the ancient Roman architecture, the designers of this collection have created exuberant garments that have highly innovative cuts and a unique look.
· Bondezvous - This collection has been galvanized by the extremely stylish Bond girls. A creative line that consists of reversible garments that can certainly serve as an eye candy.
· Miscelanea Moor – A cocktail collection that flaunts the usage of various intricate stitches and ornamentation techniques. This eclectic collection certainly knows how to draw attention.
· Chali Main Bani Thani – The famous Bani Thani painting of Kishangarh serves as an inspiration for this collection. An amalgamation of bright colours and traditional Rajasthani techniques
make up this collection.
· Fashion Tomorrow – A futuristic collection enthused by technology inspired garments. The garments are trendy, detachable and funky. These garments pave a path for future fashion.
· Ancient Secret – A collection inspired by Kantha, an art form belonging particularly to West Bengal that aims to create sustainable fashion. The garments are chic and stylish.
· Giggle Pots – A colourful line designed for preteens, this collection promotes the Indian comics. A collection that is fun, attractive and funky. The collection is certainly a head turner.
· Vrindavan - Inspired by the traditions and cultures of Vrindavan, this Indo western collection has a grand look to it. This couture line flaunts lavish drapes and beautiful colours.
The most commercially viable collection prize went to Sneha Makhija and Rashi Kaur, for their collection themed ‘Call it Living in 3D’. The best accessorized collection was jointly won by Ruchi Shinde and Akansha Jhawar for ‘Make Believe Veracity’ and Dipika Gupta and Priyanka Uniyal for ‘Be Trendy Go Techno’. The best surface ornamentation techniques award was again a tie between Simerpreet Kaur and Priyanka Chabra for ‘Micellanea Moor’ and Mansi Jain and Priyanka Sharma for ‘Chali Main Bani Thani’ creation. Ruchi Shinde got the award for the Best Illustrator.
SYMBIOSIS INSTITUTE OF DESIGN:
An Institute that takes up challenges,
And is always a step ahead;
A family that never loses its spirit-
And always lives up to what it has said.
Symbiosis Institute of Design started in 2004 and in such a short span SID has evolved and is the only design institute offering four diverse design disciplines under one roof. Today over thousands of applicants apply every
year and only a select few are chosen. SID certainly has established itself as a reputed and a quintessential brand in design education.
Reach Out PR:
Abhishek Deb Roy: 9096120230 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeta Deshpande: 9922363909 or email@example.com
Pooja Jerajani: 9021756669 or firstname.lastname@example.org